Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 10:50:13 AM
1346174 Posts in 90498 Topics by 10355 Members
Latest Member: meraxcel
Home Blog Help Login Register
chinaadopttalk.com  |  Special Interest Groups  |  Single Parents  |  Age of youngest child and waiver « previous next »

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age of youngest child and waiver  (Read 947 times)
Wizard
Jester

Age of youngest child and waiver
« on: December 21, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »

Hello,

I'm at the beginning of my international adoption journey, and I am looking into the possibility of adopting a SF child.  I have not decided on an agency yet at this point.  I am divorced, am 48 years old and have adopted two children domestically.  I meet all the China requirements above and beyond - except for the age of the youngest child.  My daughter is only 2.5. years old. I have heard and read on this board that waivers are possible, and that is encouraging.

Do any of you know if there are certain SF children for whom it is more likely that  I could a waiver, like e.g. heart conditions that require surgery, older children etc. or is a waiver equally likely for all SF children? (I am trying to figure out if there is a pattern ...)

I read that there are board members who were successful with such waivers. Could you please PM me names of agencies who have been successful with waivers for the age of youngest child requirement?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot! Happy
LadyBug4
Dragon Slayer

My Sweet Girls

Re: Age of youngest child and waiver
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 12:39:54 PM »

I don't think all waivers for SF children are "equal."
I received a waiver, but my DD was on the shared list and then in an agency camp for a while without finding her family. She needs heart surgery and has a secondary SN, repaired. All of these factors contributed to my getting the waiver.

Madeleine (12)   Jiangsu   2003
Ava (7.5)   Guangdong   2007
Lilah (5)   Guangdong   2012
Finished (...yes, I said it) & flourishing!
Wizard
Jester

Re: Age of youngest child and waiver
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 07:19:42 AM »

Thank you, LadyBug4.  I think you are right, not all waivers are created equal.  I somehow had the feeling that heart disease will stand a reasonable chance for a waiver, so I applied for pre-approval including LOI for a sweet one year old girl who has a complex heart defects.  She was on another agency's individual list and no family was found to adopt her. She needs open heart surgery asap, she has already episodes of heart failure and could develop pulmonary hypertension. Accordigfn to the pediatric cardiologist who evaluated her file, she is pushing the age limit where her defects are operable.

The China coordinator of agency which has the little girl's file wrote to me yesterday "The status of your pre-adoption application is "assessing". I talked to one of the officers at CCCWA last night and your application needs to be approved by the general directors. It is very promising that you will be approved."

Yay!  I'll keep you posted on the developments as they happen ...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: