Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 05:55:14 AM
1349055 Posts in 90716 Topics by 10443 Members
Latest Member: aavag
Home Blog Help Login Register
chinaadopttalk.com  |  Public Areas  |  Special Needs Discussion  |  How long to transfer a file? « previous next »

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How long to transfer a file?  (Read 629 times)
nw030608
Dragon Slayer

How long to transfer a file?
« on: February 20, 2013, 06:47:42 PM »

The little girl we would like to submit LOI for is with a specific agency (not ours). One family is in front of us, reviewing her file.
The agency told us that it would be up to CCCWA as to whether her file will go back to CCCWA and then to our agency or if CCCWA will want us to switch agencies.
When our son's file was returned to CCCWA and then sent to our agency (2009) it took about a month.
I'm curious for people who have recently  been successful in transferring a file, how long did it take before they got the file and you could submit LOI through your agency?
Nicole

Nicole
DS, adopted on 04/11/10
Bao'an SWI, China
DD......
EAT
Lord / Lady

Re: How long to transfer a file?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 08:35:52 PM »

I know about family lately that got file transferred within few days.mit was transferred from one of the closing agency.

DS-4
DD-2, China May 2012
LID 8/8
LOI:11/9
LOA hard copy:12/13
http://www.troncallifamilyadventure.blogspot.com/
laurens21
Knight

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:28:50 AM »

I don't think it would take a month!  Unless the agency with the file has time before it needs to go back.  They should be able to give your agency the heads up as far as when they will be releasing the file back to the shared list???  So that should take about 5 minutes!
   Hoping things work out!!! Happy

5 DS
2 DD (Jiangxi )
1 DD ( Henan)
eloquentangel
Dragon Tamer

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:22:45 AM »

It took us a little less than a month, but we had a slow, unhelpful agency to transfer from.  Once they decided that I was actually their client and they did, indeed, have my dossier, things moved quicker.

We were told that the new (good) agency could transfer our file to the old (bad) agency if we wanted, but that there was a slight risk involved as the the transfer is actually coordinated via the shared list and another agency could lock it if they were faster.  The downside to switching our dossier was some additional fees (overall, though, our costs came in lower than they would have if we had stuck with the first agency) as well as the loss (if you want to call it that) of our former agency.  I'm glad that we switched.

Good luck!  I'm so glad to see that you have a file in mind for LOI!!!  That's exciting news!

There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children.  - Mandela
ttforo
Knight

asappyblog.blogspot.com

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »

Hi Nicole, 
We just did this in Dec. and it took 11 days for ours, but there was not anybody looking at our daughter's file.  We received our PA seven days later.
Tina 
asappyblog.blogspot.com

DD 15,12,10, 6 (Waiting in Guangdong)
DS 5 (Shaanxi a2/12) DS 5 (Guangdong a2/12)
LOI 12/13/12
PA 12/20/12
DTC 5/6
LID 5/24
OOT 8/12
LOA 8/28
MrsSBB
Troubadour

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:13:07 PM »

1 week exactly from saying "yes we want it and yes we will submit LOI if you can get it" to knowing that it was for sure with our agency

Home Study!  WHOOO!!!!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: