Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2014, 05:24:20 AM
1349091 Posts in 90718 Topics by 10443 Members
Latest Member: aavag
Home Blog Help Login Register
chinaadopttalk.com  |  Public Areas  |  Special Needs Discussion  |  Shandong Province « previous next »

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shandong Province  (Read 784 times)
JDGarber
Jester

Shandong Province
« on: September 04, 2013, 05:29:20 PM »

Does anyone have any travel experience or has heard of anyone else who's had travel experience in Tai'an Shandong Province.  We are looking into the file of a little boy with Hep C who is from there.  And we are just curious about the area.  Thanks for any feedback.
Traci
Knight

Traci

Re: Shandong Province
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »

I have been to the province twice (adoption and return visit), but to Qingdao.

I can only think of two items that you might be interested in:

You have to travel to the child's city to pick up some documents, rather than the whole adoption being completed in the capital of Jinan.  We started in Jinan, met our daughter, and then had to travel to Qingdao.  That trip for you could be quite a distance.

The other thing is that the officials in this province are very very protective of the children's privacy, and are a bit close with the information, both during the adoption and after.

We travelled all the way to visit our daughter's orphanage. The trip was planned with the help of a Chinese travel agency and our guide, and no one knew or told us that we had to have approval from the provincial capital to be admitted. We were in China for 3 weeks, so one would think that it could even have been arranged for at that time. They obviously knew who we were.

That said, their care is EXCELLENT and that is the really important thing!

Lizzy Grace DTC 11-15-13 ZhuHai, Guangdong
YiLi Dec 2011 Qingdao, Shandong
Sam  Dec 2012 Shenyang, Liaoning
safeintheshepherdsarms-Traci.blogspot.co
JillR
Knight

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »

We brought home our Shandong boy last week...the entire adoption was completed in Jinan. 

Shandong is China's second wealthiest province.  There are not a huge amount of American adoptions from Shandong...a lot of European adoptions. 

If you decide to go forward, I moderate a FB group for Shandong Parents.  Lots of good info on there. 

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/493793447343009/

Jill
Mom to 2 awesome boys (Shanxi & Shandong)
www.rippedjeansandbifoca ls.com
artroom1
Jester

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 07:58:48 PM »

My son is from Shandong, home in early June.  We were only in Jinan as the orphanage was 3 hours each way.  I traveled with my older mother so we didn't sight see much but LOVED the people in Jinan!  I feel my son was taken care of very well and loved very much.  He has manners, like to be neat and clean and is so sweet.  He loves other kids, attached extremely fast, and is learning so so quickly.  I feel his life in Shandong was as good as it could be when it comes to orphanage life.  I have been blessed!
Apsara
Count / Countess

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 12:09:26 PM »

Shandong is such a wonderful province.  We adopted from there in 2009.  We travelled only to Jinan for the adoption.

Mom to 3 boys - 2 from China
June 2009  (Jining) Shandong &
February 2012 (Shihezi) Xinjiang, fostered by SFCV Tianjin.
Traci
Knight

Traci

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 09:15:45 AM »

Then I can only assume that travelling to your child's city itself is a Qingdao requirement, not a provincial requirement.  It is a beautiful coastal city, in any event, where the sailing portion of the Olympics was held, so anyone who "has" to travel there will love it anyway!

Apsara
Count / Countess

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:25:46 AM »

Did you have to go to the civil affairs in Qindao to complete the adoption? 

If I recall correctly Qindao is about 1.5/2 hours from Jinan depending of the traffic.

Mom to 3 boys - 2 from China
June 2009  (Jining) Shandong &
February 2012 (Shihezi) Xinjiang, fostered by SFCV Tianjin.
Leapoffaith
Jester

Re: (No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »

No, we did not have to travel to Qingdao to do any of the paperwork. It was all done in Jinan.  We were given the opportunity to visit our DD's orphanage which was in Qingdao. We took a train and it was approximately 2.5 hours one way.  We are very thankful that we were able to visit the orphanage (which was wonderful, by the way) and to visit some of Qingdao. I wished we could have had more time there.
Traci
Knight

Traci

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 02:33:12 PM »

I can't remember what specifically we went for, but we were REQUIRED to go to Qingdao, it must have been the passport? We went to the police station there. And yes, it is beautiful - if it had not been winter and a cold steady rain!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: